Excell For Training offers many opportunities for Training & Development
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you’ll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
It can take between one and 6 years to complete an apprenticeship depending on which one you choose, what level it is and your previous experience. It’s funded from contributions made by the government and your employer.
Levels of an apprenticeship
Each apprenticeship has a level and an equivalent education level. You can start an apprenticeship at any level.
Depending on the level, some apprenticeships may:
- require previous qualifications such as an English or maths GCSE
- give extra training in the English or maths skills needed so you’re at the right level
At the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent education level. For example, if you complete a level 3 apprenticeship, you’ll achieve the equivalent of an A level.
Find out how becoming an apprentice changes lives.
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
- live in England
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you’re upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours – usually at a college, university or with a training provider
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
We currently offer the following Apprenticeships:
Children, Young People and Families
Nail Services Technician
Beauty and Makeup Consultant
Leadership and Management
Adult Care | Children, Young People & Families | Early Years | Operations/Departmental Manager
Privately Funded Training
We offer many training programs that are accredited.